Laser Hair Removal
Our expert laser hair removal will give you smooth, hair free skin without shaving, waxing, plucking, or bleaching your unwanted hair.
Request your free consultation today to learn more about our laser hair removal services.
Using the latest Candela laser technology known as the GentleLase lasing process, we now offer safe, fast, effective treatments for both men and women. Unlike other treatments, the GentleLase process is easy – requiring no creams or gels, no pre-treatment waxing, and no needles.
In fact, laser hair removal is considered to be a medical breakthrough. Treatments are comfortable, treating hair follicles in a fraction of the time of other methods, using only the gentle power of laser light.
Lasers have been used for many years for a variety of medical cosmetic procedures including treatment of facial and leg s, age spots and rejuvenating the skin on the face.
The GentleLase System, a revolutionary long-pulse high energy alexandrite laser emits a gentle beam of light that passes through the skin to the hair follicle where it is absorbed.
- The laser energy is transformed into heat, which destroys the hair follicle leaving the surrounding skin unaffected.
- The skin is further protected during treatment by a Dynamic Cooling Device where cryogen is sprayed onto the skin cooling the upper layers and providing patients with increased comfort.
- The GentleLase selectivity helps to protect the skin, while effectively treating the unwanted hair.
- Traditional hair removal techniques, such as shaving, plucking, waxing and depilatory creams provide only temporary relief.
- Until now, the only recognized way to remove hair permanently has been by electrolysis – which can be tedious, time-consuming and uncomfortable.
- The GentleLase System safely removes unwanted body hair without damaging the delicate pores and structures of the skin.
- Facial and bikini areas are completed in under ten minutes; legs, backs and larger areas can take longer.
Depending on the amount of hair treated, the procedure varies from patient to patient. Generally, the treatment will include:
- Wearing safety eyewear to protect the practitioner and patient’s eyes from the laser light during the procedure.
- A small hand piece will be used that touches the skin to deliver the laser light. A light spray of coolant onto the skin will be felt just before each laser pulse. Most patients experience little discomfort at the treatment site because of the dynamic cooling device.
- The degree of discomfort varies with each person, depending on his/her pain threshold. Topical anesthesia may also be requested based on individual preferences or tolerances.
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after treatment or until your practitioner allows it. You must avoid electrolysis, plucking or waxing hair for 2 – 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you have had a history of peri-oral herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be prescribed.
Hair grows in cycles. The number of treatments required depends upon your skin color and coarseness of the hair. Laser hair removal requires multiple treatments.
Although one laser session can produce long-term hair removal, as a rule multiple treatment sessions are necessary to obtain optimal results. In large part this is due to the fact that laser hair removal is most effective for hair which is in the anagen phase.
Anagen is the growth phase of hair. Since hair grows in cycles, not all of the hairs are in the anagen at any given time. Additional sessions are necessary to catch all of the hairs when they are in anagen.
Within several minutes of the treatment, the treated area will become slightly red and puffy. This reaction subsides, and within a few hours the area returns to normal. Since the laser does not cut the skin in any way, no bandages are necessary, and you can return to your normal activities immediately.
Patients will experience some discoloration or reddening of the skin around the treatment site. Some patients may experience hypo- (reduced pigment) or hyperpigmentation (increased pigment) response or increase of pigment color.
The skin will typically return to normal pigmentation over time.
Also, please see our page at The Hair Removal Journal by clicking here.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation appointment.
Laser Dynamics Skin Care Center offer a wide variety of services sure to help with all your skin care needs. We strive to provide the best laser skin care services available in the Lubbock area in a convenient and friendly environment. Our laser technicians are well-trained in skin care and laser treatment.