Fraxel® Laser Treatment is a breakthrough aesthetic solution based on a new science of “fractional” skin repair.
This new category of anti-aging medicine provides the positive results of new-generation skin resurfacing without the downtime and risks associated with traditional abrasive treatment methods.
- The advanced Fraxel laser treats only a very small fraction of skin at a time without breaking the skin’s protective outer barrier. This is in contrast to traditional resurfacing techniques that remove the entire top layer of damaged skin and are associated with oozing, crusting and a lengthy recovery period.
- This innovative approach repairs damaged skin by leaving each treatment area surrounded by healthy tissue, promoting rapid healing with minimal negative side effects and no lengthy downtime or need for general anesthesia.
How It Works
Fraxel® laser treatment repairs aging and sun-damaged skin – pixel by pixel, spot by spot.
Think of a digital photo that is comprised of thousands of pixels. Now, imagine damaged skin that is delicately repaired, pixel by pixel, spot by spot. That’s the principle behind Fraxel Laser Treatment.
The Fraxel laser passes through the top layer of skin like light through glass, reaching into the dermis below to create thousands of tiny, microscopic areas of thermal damage that stimulate the body’s own wound healing response, notably new collagen production and replacement of damaged skin surfaces with new epidermal skin.
The penetrating wavelengths of Fraxel Laser Treatment resurface damaged skin, reduce periorbital wrinkles and correct pigmented lesions such as age spots and sun spots as your skin gradually becomes softer, smoother and fresher.
In contrast to non-ablative treatments, Fraxel Laser Treatment is like digital modification that rebuilds a picture, pixel by pixel, by creating new epidermal skin.
Why It's Better
Fraxel® laser treatment provides physicians a gentle and intelligent treatment approach to fast, remarkable results with minimal downtime and maximum safety.
Similar to the technique of editing a digital photograph, Fraxel Laser Treatment works on thousands of areas of skin that are so tiny, they are invisible to the naked eye. Each microscopic treatment area remains surrounded by living tissue that is affected by the laser in a special way. Approximately 20 to 25 percent of total skin area is treated and destroyed in each treatment. The fact that the remaining 75 to 80 percent of the patient’s own untreated tissue is stimulated by the laser to rapidly repair the treated areas and produce the overall appearance of natural and healthy-looking skin is a novel treatment concept.
FLT also reaches deep into the dermis to stimulate collagen remodeling in the skin layers below. In this way, the body’s natural healing process creates new, healthy tissue to replace skin imperfections.
Fraxel® laser treatment is safe, speedy and well-tolerated.
It is performed using topical anesthesia in the doctor’s office. A typical facial treatment is completed in about 30 minutes.
- Results are predictable
- Virtually every patient experiences noticeable cosmetic enhancement
- Improvement is immediate with ongoing and cumulative positive changes
Fraxel® laser treatment provides many patient advantages:
- LT offers a non-invasive solution for aging skin.
- FLT does not require major downtime or recovery period.
- Results are typically achieved in an average of 3 to 5 treatment sessions spaced about 2 to 4 weeks apart.
- FLT is discreet, providing a natural and younger looking appearance.
Studies show that Fraxel® laser treatment offers many clinical benefits.
FLT is cleared by the FDA for skin resurfacing, to reduce periorbital wrinkles and to improve pigmented lesions, including melasma, age spots and sun spots.
Who Stands By It?
Reliant technologies is dedicated to fulfilling the promise of aesthetic laser medicine.
Reliant Technologies is poised to become the new market leader in aesthetic laser medicine and surgery by creating breakthrough laser delivery systems focused on Fraxel Laser Treatment and the emerging field of microthermal science.
- Reliant employs over 100 people and is headquartered in Mountain View, California.
- Since its commercial launch in Fall 2004, the Fraxel laser has received overwhelming professional acceptance, and treatment is widely accessible across the country.
Since I’ve been treated with the Fraxel laser, my skin and face feel totally refreshed and revived. People know I’ve had something done, but they can’t pinpoint what it is. Even my husband noticed the improvement without any probing.
What appealed to me most about Fraxel Laser Treatment is that the procedure involved no knives and no downtime. Friends of mine had laser resurfacing and weren’t impressed with the results, especially for such an invasive procedure. My husband also was uncomfortable with me getting a facelift, and Fraxel laser was a good non-invasive alternative. I’ve had four treatments on my face and neck, and the results are great. My skin is tighter, my jaw line is a little firmer, the fine lines around my eyes are gone, the overall tone looks better – my skin genuinely looks younger. This technology is fabulous, and the best part is it doesn’t intrude on your lifestyle.
About eight weeks after my first Fraxel treatment, the fine lines around my eyes were erased and my skin just looked better. Everyone noticed the improvement and asked if I changed my makeup. I would encourage anyone considering the Fraxel laser to do it. If you have the procedure done on a Friday, you’ll look good enough to go back to work on Monday.